Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Furry Nice Embroidery Class--Weeks 1-3

Nicole's Furry Nice embroidery class began a few weeks ago.  The class focuses on techniques to give embroidered animals a more textured appearance. The first several weeks are devoted to gathering together the supplies and transferring the pattern.  I got a white cotton in a slightly heavier weight that I normally use in order to support the denser stitching.  Then I used my light pad to transfer the pattern.


 First, I laid the pattern on the light pad and held it in place with painters tape.


Then I laid the fabric on top of the pattern and secured that in place with more tape.  I turned on the light board and used a pencil to trace the pattern onto the fabric.


Now I am ready to start stitching up this adorable polar bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment