Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

First Project Update of 2015

This year is getting off to a great start.  I have already finished two projects!

First I completed my Torah Stitch by Stitch verses.  It took me a while to get started, but I really got going when I made a goal of stitching a word a day.  Now that it is done, I will mail it back to the project organizers in Toronto so that it can join the other finished panels.  They currently have over 900 volunteers in 16 countries!


I also finished another project that was cool in a different way.  Studio MME is a pattern company by designer Megan Eckman.  Home Ec just started carrying her kits.  They use mostly running stitch, perfect for the beginning embroiderer who wants to create a beautiful picture out of basic stitches.  The pattern I just completed is her design of a scrub jay.  I've never heard of it either, but it is a bird from the West Coast.


The design is made with backstitch, split stitch, and the humble running stitch, but the bird looks so stark and lifelike.  If you look on her website, you won't find this pattern . . . yet.  That's because it is being included in her new e-book of patterns, and a picture of my little bird project is going to be in it!  I will be writing more about it in a few weeks, and there will even be a special surprise for all of you.

Other updates:
  • Frosted Pumpkin's yearly sampler for 2015 is Story Time Sampler.  It is going to be portraits of famous characters from classic literature.  It has a very delicate color palate--pastels against a light grey background.  I can't wait to see how it all looks together.
  • I'm finally getting started on doing a quote that I auctioned off for charity . . . an embarrassingly long time ago.  This is a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment